Honor Magic 2 assessment
The Honor Magic 2 is one among a number of latest handsets that mark the return of the slider – bringing again a degree of tactile interplay virtually forgotten in these occasions of incessant tapping and swiping. The highest slab holds the show meeting – a 6.4-inch AMOLED with minimal bezel, whereas the underside is house to the remainder of the bits just like the battery, chipset and cameras.
Talking of cameras, the Honor Magic 2 has at least six of them. Admittedly, not all of them are strictly ‘image taking cameras’ – the duo of 2MP modules that complement the 16MP selfie shooter are solely used for depth detection. There is not any such trickery on the again the place you will discover three standalone models – a daily 16MP one, one other 16MP one with an extremely extensive angle lens, and eventually a 3rd, monochrome module.
There was a sure mechanical magic within the telephones of outdated, however clamshells and sliders died out as common shows gave technique to touchscreens and bodily keyboards grew to become out of date. A humorous factor has been taking place currently, nevertheless – the push for bezelless all-screen designs has pressured engineers to provide you with novel methods to rearrange the stuff that sometimes goes above the show.
These novel methods? The outdated mechanical methods of working the cellphone with a slider.
The smartphone packs Huawei’s personal newest Kirin 980 chipset that you will discover within the Mate 20 and 20 Professional, so there’s some 7nm magic for the Magic 2, too. With at least 6GB of RAM and 128GB of base storage, there’s hardly any grounds for grievance in relation to the necessities. Add to that the Android 9.Zero OS and the Honor slider is as present on the software program facet as it’s on the internals.
Honor Magic 2 specs
- Physique: Aluminum body, glass again; 157.Three x 75.1 x 8.Three mm, 206g; blue, black and purple gradient coloration schemes.
- Display screen: 6.39″ AMOLED; 19.5:9 side ratio FullHD+ (2340x1080px), 403ppi.
- Rear cameras: Major: 16MP; f/1.Eight aperture, 27mm equal lens, PDAF; Extremely wide-angle: 16MP; f/2.2 aperture, 17mm equal lens, mounted focus. Monochrome: 24MP; f/1.Eight aperture, 27mm equal lens, PDAF.
- Entrance cameras: Major: 16MP, f/2.Zero aperture, 27mm equal lens; Depth sensors: 2x2MP, f/2.Four aperture.
- Chipset: Kirin 980 chipset, octa-core processor (2xA76 @2.6GHz + 2xA76 @1.92GHz +4xA55 @1.8GHz), Mali-G76 MP10 GPU.
- Reminiscence: 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage or 8GB of RAM + 128/256GB of storage.
- OS: Android 9.Zero Pie with Magic UI 2.0.0.
- Battery: 3,500mAh Lithium Polymer (sealed); Huawei SuperCharge 40W quick charging.
- Connectivity: Twin-SIM; LTE-A, 3-Band service aggregation, Cat.21 (1400Mbps/200Mbps); USB Sort-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: Beneath-display fingerprint reader; single bottom-firing speaker.
Staying present additionally means there is no headphone jack – sadly, such are the tendencies. And being forward of the curve when it comes to design has resulted in much less room for the battery than on the Mates we talked about. However then the bundled SuperCharge energy brick is there for fast top-ups. What else is within the package deal?
Honor Magic 2 unboxing
The Magic 2 is available in a blue cardboard field with the cellphone’s define printed on prime – with the slider mechanism prolonged, after all. We revealed the most effective bit within the contents – the Huawei SuperCharge quick charger, able to supplying 40W of energy to the cellphone. It takes a proprietary cable to do the trick and one is included.
There’s additionally a USB-C to three.5mm adapter bundled, which is the subsequent smartest thing after really having a 3.5mm jack on the cellphone. A pleasant deal with awaits contained in the sleeve that holds the guarantee and different paperwork – Honor’s thrown in a tough case to guard (but in addition disguise) the shiny again.