Vivo NEX Twin Show Version hands-on overview
The vivo NEX Twin Show Version teasing is over because the anticipated smartphone was lastly unveiled at a particular occasion in Shanghai. And for this flagship, the maker has ditched the motorized popups and as a substitute has solved the notch challenge differently – with a full-fledged AMOLED display on the again.
Vivo is not the primary one to strive the second display factor, however it would possibly simply be the primary one to make this work. As a result of the second Tremendous AMOLED is not only a digicam viewfinder, it may be your primary display, too. Or you should utilize it as a contact panel for gaming, similar to on PlayStation Vita and thus take away your on-screen sticks. Or ship your WeChat codes there for simpler scanning. Amongst many different issues.
The vivo NEX Twin Show Version has a 6.39″ 1080p Tremendous AMOLED on the entrance and it’s really bezel-less. There isn’t a notch, chin, cutouts for digicam or earpiece. Simply display.
On the again is the second display, a 5.49″ 16:9 Tremendous AMOLED, nonetheless 1080p. It may be many issues, together with a viewfinder for selfies. Or it may possibly act as a second viewfinder on your topic(s) to see and alter their pose by their liking. And the 12MP primary digicam with dual-pixel AF guarantees some beautiful pictures, regardless of the event. The TOF digicam ought to make the NEX DD an actual beast for selfies and portraits – it may possibly make a 3D mannequin of your face and alter a few of your options with precision in actual time.
The NEX DD is a flagship not solely on the surface, after all. It is powered by essentially the most present Snapdragon 845 chipset coupled with the whopping 10GB of RAM. Vivo is promising dual-turbo administration for the RAM, which suggests higher reminiscence utilization for all situations.
The telephone additionally helps 22.5W quick charging, which is a should for this 3,500 mAh battery if you’re to make use of the NEX with each screens lively.
Vivo NEX Twin Show Version specs
- Physique: Aluminum body; Gorilla Glass 5 again, Unknown sturdy glass entrance.
- Display screen: 6.39″ Tremendous AMOLED; 19.5:9 side ratio, Full HD+ (2340 x 1080 px), 403ppi.
- Secondary display: 5.49″ Tremendous AMOLED, 16:9 side ratio, Full HD (1920 x 1080 px), 401ppi.
- Rear cameras: Major: 12MP (Sony IMX363, 1.4µm); f/1.79 aperture, dual-pixel PDAF; 2MP, 2.9µm, f/1.8 – for night time mode; TOF 3D digicam f/1.Three for depth detection.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 845 chipset, octa-core processor (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU.
- Reminiscence: 10GB of RAM + 128GB storage.
- OS: Android 9.Zero Pie with FunTouch OS 4.5.
- Battery: 3,500mAh Li-Ion; 22.5W Quick Charging (10V/2.25A).
- Connectivity: Twin-SIM; LTE-A, 3-Band provider aggregation, Cat.16 (1024Mbps/150Mbps); USB Sort-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: Underneath-display fingerprint reader; 3D Face Unlock; single bottom-firing speaker, 3.5mm port
The NEX Twin Show Version will likely be launching later this month in China (Dec 29), however extra markets needs to be getting it quickly after that. And its specs sheet suggests it may be the flagship many had been in search of.
Unboxing the Vivo NEX Twin Show Version
The Vivo NEX Twin Show Version comes packed right into a relatively massive black field. Inside is the telephone itself, the proprietary 22.5W charger and a USB-C cable. Vivo has additionally bundled a really nice-looking in-ear headset.
However that is not all. There may be additionally a color-matched bumper case within the field. It’s thick sufficient to maintain the display from brushing the flat floor of a desk or a desk and should even maintain these screens from cracking should you drop the telephone on its edge.
The bumper case matching the crimson shade